Rantizo is always looking for skilled agricultural technology enthusiasts to join our rapidly growing team. Find the latest Rantizo job opportunities here.
Rantizo is a venture-backed AgTech startup based in Iowa City, IA that uses UAVs to apply liquid and dry inputs for agricultural purposes. Rantizo currently operates in 18 states and is actively expanding based on market feedback and customer data.
We are hiring an Agronomist to establish repeatable service delivery process for aerial drone-based agricultural applications and build up an internal corporate team during a period of rapid growth. A strong candidate will have a track record of managing with sales managers, excellent understanding of Ag Retail, excellent communication skills, experience establishing customer success and the ability to quickly come to understand drones and agriculture.
Rantizo is a leader in aerial drone applications, has received numerous start-up accolades and media coverage from Forbes and 60 Minutes, and is the first company:
- Certified in multiple states to Fly & Apply®
- Permitted by the FAA for multiple drone swarms
- To pollinate corn by drone
What You’ll be Doing
- Work closely with product team, sales team, and Field Operations Director to provide user training and support our Fly & Apply®.
- Providing agronomic knowledge to increase knowledge for our customers
- Address customer inquiries and educate Application Services Contractors
- Advocate for agronomic practices and adoption of precision agriculture with sight -specific, Fly & Apply® approach
- Create and maintaining a scalable approach to agronomic knowledge database
- Make sure that the agricultural sections of the product support documentation and agronomic knowledge database are organized, available, and clear to the users
- Assist with the development of customer case studies by providing agronomic and agricultural insight into processes observed in remote sensing data and layers collected from machinery
What We Need to See
- Expert with agricultural processes and farming
- Experience with the major crops grown in the US – corn, soybeans, cotton, wheat, rice
- A degree in plant science/ecology/similar
- The ability to translate your technical knowledge for our customers’ understanding
- Experience with agronomic applications, and understanding when and how they are applied
- Able to adapt and learn new agronomic practices throughout the US
- Ability to get part 107 UAS pilot’s license
- Travel 50% – 75% during the application season
Ways to Stand Out from Other Candidates
- Master’s degree in plant science/ecology/natural resources/similar
- Basic knowledge of commodity economics
- Knowledge of specialty crops – vegetables, fruits, nuts, etc.
- Basic knowledge of QGIS software for analysis of spatial data layers, e.g. satellite imagery, drone imagery, NDVI, EC, Yield Data or other
In Addition, We Would Appreciate:
- Passion about delivering value to customers and building strong relationships
- The ability to organize yourself and others in an unstructured environment
- Thriving in an open/honest work environment
- A love of learning
- A desire to have a positive impact on something greater than you can achieve alone, you want to be a part of the company which is changing the world
We strive to provide a friendly work environment where our team members are encouraged to utilize their unique skillsets and experiences to enhance communication and productivity. Our goal is to support each team member in a manner to allow them to excel in their area of responsibility and grow into new areas given their personal goals and level of interest.
The Rantizo team offers compensation commensurate to experience at competitive levels in relevant industries. Compensation for this role is expected to be in the $70-80k range plus benefits.
Rantizo offers excellent benefits including healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Health Savings Accounts, Health Care Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefits, Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage, Basic Life and Accidental Death and Personal Loss Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Legal Plan, Group Term Life, Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and Employee Discounts.
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.