Digital Product Designer
Rantizo is looking for a Digital Product Designer to help us on our quest of expanding the abilities of autonomous application drones in the ag industry. Every day we wake up looking to create advances for our service network of aerial applicators and their customers.
We have an office, but for this role, it’s ok to work virtually. However, to do the job well, we expect that you roll your sleeves up and get dirty, spending time in the field with our users. Openly accepting invitations to hit the road (COVID dependent) with our sales team to visit customers, all with the hopes of helping improve your designs to make our customer’s lives better.
We’re looking for someone who doesn’t worry about getting things right the first time. Rather someone who loves to build and quickly get user feedback, iterating along the way to a helpful solution.
Below is a list of standard job duties. Some of these should align with things you’re good at and enjoy doing. If this job sounds exciting and you feel you’d be a good fit, please apply with your resume and portfolio.
What you can expect:
- To create design standards and process so that we can continually improve the efficiency and safety of our drone applications
- You will constantly be in touch with our customers, working closely with them to improve our product through your designs
- You’ll be challenged by multiple internal groups and stakeholders, helping you get full perspective of our operations and using these conversations to improve your work
- You will constantly be iterating and improve your designs and ideas. This happens through cross-functional design sessions and ideation.
- You thrive on action and experimentation over drawn out research and benchmarking
- You use your deep passion for Design Thinking and Lean Methodologies to create a process other’s can follow and engage with
- This role will report to and work closely to our Director of Product Management
What We Need to See:
- 3+ years working experience as UX/UI Designer or Product Designer
- Demonstrated skills with Invision, Sketch, Illustrator, Figma or other related tools
- Demonstrated skill building and working with a Design Language System
- Demonstrated complex problem solving and ability to deliver effective solutions
- Demonstrated ability to implement appropriate design and research methodologies with an emphasis towards action and experimentation
Ways to Stand Out from Other Candidates:
- Experience with Digital Product Design in the Ag Industry
- Experience with Design Sprints, Decision Jams and Lean Experimentation
- Experience with rapid prototyping, proof of concept and working in a true Agile (using empirical evidence) way
Rantizo is a venture-backed AgTech startup based in Iowa City, IA that uses UAVs to apply liquid and dry inputs for agricultural purposes. Rantizo currently operates in 18 states and is actively expanding based on market feedback and customer data.
Rantizo is building a mobile app and web-based platform to service our network of aerial applicators and their customers using an ultramodern technology stack. Features of this platform include job scheduling, resource management, time keeping, billing/payments, Bluetooth-based interaction with equipment, management of geospatial data, and much more.
We strive to provide a friendly work environment where our team members are encouraged to utilize their unique skillsets and experiences to enhance communication and productivity. Our goal is to support each team member in a manner to allow them to excel in their area of responsibility and grow into new areas given their personal goals and level of interest.
The Rantizo team offers compensation commensurate to experience at competitive levels in relevant industries. Compensation for this role is expected to be in the $90-130k range plus benefits.
Rantizo offers excellent benefits including healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Health Savings Accounts, Health Care Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefits, Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage, Basic Life and Accidental Death and Personal Loss Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Legal Plan, Group Term Life, Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and Employee Discounts.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.