IT Support Technician
Rantizo is a venture-backed AgTech startup based in Iowa City, IA that uses UAVs (drones) to apply liquid and dry inputs for agricultural purposes. Rantizo currently operates in 18 states and is actively expanding based on market feedback and customer data.
Rantizo’s rapid growth has given rise to the need for a full-time IT Support Technician at our headquarters in Iowa City, IA. A strong candidate for this position will have a solid skillset of desktop support in a Microsoft environment that utilizes cloud-based infrastructure and productivity tools.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Remote and deskside PC support
- Supporting Office 365 Products
- Management of the Office 365 Serverless Environment
- Managing security groups and users
- Supporting Office 365 products and email
- Managing Cloud based file sharing repositories
- Provisioning hardware for new users
- Support of typical office network equipment (printers, computers, etc.)
- Help the organization fulfill business goals by wearing multiple hats
- Software and hardware testing
- Process documentation and improvement
- Learning to fly drones and helping with demos
- Help plan events that require advanced technology needs
- Support for serverless ERP systems such as QuickBooks, SOS Inventory, HubSpot CRM, and the Atlassian project planning suite
What We Need to See
- A technically minded individual
- Basic understanding of broad IT concepts such as:
- Desktop support
- Website structure and management (DNS & hosting)
- Backup & restore practices
- Industry standard PC hardware
- Windows group structure
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Passion about delivering value to customers and building strong relationships
- The ability to organize yourself and others in an unstructured environment
- Thriving in an open/honest work environment
- A love of learning
- A desire to have a positive impact on something greater than you can achieve alone, you want to be part of a company that is changing the world
- Dependable vehicle and the ability to work on-site at our location near Menards in Iowa City
Ways to Stand Out from Other Candidates
- Ability to automate user creation through PowerShell or PowerAutomate
- Ability to setup domains/sub-domains and related DNS settings.
- Ability to design and implement a data backup and disaster recovery strategy
- Ability to setup VMs and configure firewalls.
- Ability to troubleshoot Apple or Linux machines (we have a small subset these machines).
We strive to provide a friendly work environment where our team members are encouraged to utilize their unique skillsets and experiences to enhance communication and productivity. Our goal is to support each team member in a manner to allow them to excel in their area of responsibility and grow into new areas given their personal goals and level of interest.
The Rantizo team offers compensation commensurate to experience at competitive levels in relevant industries. Compensation for this role is expected to be in the $55-70k range, plus benefits.
Rantizo offers excellent benefits including healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Health Savings Accounts, Health Care Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefits, Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage, Basic Life and Accidental Death and Personal Loss Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Legal Plan, Group Term Life, Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and Employee Discounts.
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.