Rantizo is always looking for skilled agricultural technology enthusiasts to join our rapidly growing team. Find the latest Rantizo job opportunities here.
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Rantizo is a venture-backed AgTech startup based in Iowa City, IA that uses UAVs to apply liquid and dry inputs for agricultural purposes. Rantizo currently operates in 21 states and is actively expanding.
Rantizo has a product line including a ground-based tendering station and a UAV mounted sprayer system and is looking to expand our offering in terms of feature enhancements and new products.
Our hardware products are the backbone of the applicator technologies used by our network of aerial application contractors. Rantizo’s products are on a trajectory to achieve fully autonomous product mixing and tank filling as well as precision spot spraying, variable rate control, and as-applied mapping.
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with cross-functional product team to envision and plan product innovations
- Work within an agile process
- Architect, engineer code, test
- State machine and automation enhancements
- Operational data logging
- GPS as-applied data logging
- Enhance Bluetooth and Over the Air Update features
- Embedded Linux BSP tuning
- Outsource engineering as needed to leverage specialized skills
- Manage external resources
- Product Support
- Support existing products
- Resolve code defects
- Collaborate with DevOps on software releases
What We Need to See:
- BS or MS in computer science or relevant equivalent experience
- 7+ years working experience with embedded engineering
- Experience and advanced skills within an embedded Linux environment
- Complex problem-solving skills and the ability to deliver effective solutions
- Demonstrated ability to implement appropriate technology libraries and stacks
Ways to Stand Out from Other Candidates:
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite such as Jira and BitBucket
- Experience with BLE connectivity with mobile app
- Experience with geospatial data storage and processing
We strive to provide a friendly work environment where our team members are encouraged to utilize their unique skillsets and experiences to enhance communication and productivity. Our goal is to support each team member in a manner to allow them to excel in their area of responsibility and grow into new areas given their personal goals and level of interest.
The Rantizo team offers compensation commensurate to experience at competitive levels in relevant industries. Compensation for this role is expected to be in the $95–120k range plus benefits.
Rantizo offers excellent benefits including healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Health Savings Accounts, Health Care Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefits, Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage, Basic Life and Accidental Death and Personal Loss Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Legal Plan, Group Term Life, Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and Employee Discounts.
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]