TECHNICAL SALES LEAD – JOB OPPORTUNITY
Rantizo is always looking for skilled agricultural technology enthusiasts to join our rapidly growing team. Find the latest Rantizo job opportunities here.
Technical Sales Lead - California (Salinas area)
Rantizo is a venture-backed agtech startup based in Iowa City, IA that uses drones to apply needed chemicals, seeds, and other inputs for agriculture. Rantizo operates in over fifteen states.
Rantizo is the leader in aerial drone applications, has received numerous start-up accolades and media coverage from Forbes and 60 Minutes, and is the first company:
- Certified in multiple states to Fly & Apply®
- Permitted by the FAA for multiple drone swarms
- To pollinate corn by drone
We are hiring a Technical Sales Lead based in northern California to establish repeatable service delivery process for aerial drone-based agricultural applications and build up an internal corporate team during a period of rapid growth. A strong candidate will have experience in agriculture, the ability to understand the requirements needed to spray local crops and the ability to modify the Rantizo drone spraying platform to meet those requirements.
You will join the team responsible for increasing drone applications to meet the business needs of Ag Retailers, ranging from large international companies to small cooperatives, throughout the California Central Valley and surrounding farming communities.
We are seeking a strong analytical mind that understands agricultural business organizations and operations, likes talking with people, is service oriented, likes doing a variety of activities, is handy and enjoys researching/finding answers. Must thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, be willing to wear multiple hats and do the job that needs doing regardless of formal job description.
- Ability to target issues within the complex crop mix of California’s Central Valley, relate those issues back to the corporate team, and help develop actionable solutions resulting in increased revenues for both Ag Retailers and their Grower customers.
- Work in concert with company Contractors in the region to help identify new sales opportunities.
- Be the expert that articulates the company’s capabilities in the context of client needs.
- Interact directly with prospects to address any technical questions and represent the technical expertise of the company’s Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams.
- Provide technical demonstrations of the product configured to a client’s individual Use Case.
- Manage sales-related or technical tasks as needed, such as developing sales support documents and templates, sales demos, and testing.
- Demonstrate how to use drones and other equipment, and why a company would need the equipment and services.
- Attend trade shows in your territory.
- 2-5 years ag sales, manage a territory, be motivated, and disciplined to be able to work remotely.
- BS/BA or related industry field sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, presentation and writing skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills; including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution.
- Superior solution scoping abilities, using existing solution and influencing new product development.
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Qualify for the 107 UAS license after employment.
- Communicate well with Ag Retailers.
- Manage a trade-show booth and work it.
- Work well with others, create a team atmosphere.
- Be thorough and pay attention to details.
- Persistent and determined.
- Ability to work unsupervised from remote office as required.
Pay will be offered commensurate with experience and position requirements, expected to be in the $75-95,000 range plus commission. If benefits are important to you, Rantizo offers excellent benefits including healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Health Savings Accounts, Health Care Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability Coverage, Basic Life and Accidental Death and Personal Loss Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Legal Plan, Group Term Life, Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and Employee Discounts.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.